View Single Post
Old 2013-06-05, 05:58   Link #408
kuromitsu

Heh, I'm easy to please, too - it's just that this show didn't push the right buttons (or not often enough).

And yes, it's true that 2-cour series are more liable to meandering, especially when there's not enough source material so they need to drag things out. I can imagine what a difficult decision length can be in some cases, from a writing perspective, when the source material is too long for 1 cour but not meaty enough for 2 cours. Although a more common problem seems to be when a show would've needed just one or two more episodes to avoid rushing or having to cut things that would've made the viewers more immersed or emotionally involved. RDG, for example - I believe it would've benefited a lot from an extra ~23 minutes. (Of course in the end it's not the writer who decides how many episodes he or she gets. :/ )

(By the way, I just noticed that the official site has a glossary of terms, which includes, among less common/show specific terms, words like "ninja," "onmyouji" or "Shugendou," and also stuff like "Kuzuryuu-ookami," "shikigami" and "shinrei." Apparently they didn't expect Japanese viewers to be familiar with everything...)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-06-05 at 06:48.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote