View Single Post
Old 2013-06-23, 14:53   Link #37
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
This was a fantastic episode for me, the battle was really awesome and it was also awesome to see Chamber deciding to side with Ledo even if that meant to go against Kugel's orders. Though it's a bit strange that Striker didn't play the card of the "highest ranked GA officer" on him.

For the rest everything went as planned, Kugel was already dead meaning that Striker just developed a goddess complex and decided to rule this humanity through her distorted view.
It's interesting to note that Striker has not only better specs than Chamber but also a lot more information (including the truth about the Hideauze) while Chamber doesn't even have the info on Strikers' specs.
I liked the part where Ledo asks Chamber if he can fight Striker and I can just imagine Chamber going "...um, I donno"

I think Chamber doesn't have Striker's specs because the Striker class machine caliber seem to be used by high ranking officers (I'm not well versed in military knowledge, so I'm assuming Kugel's rank is higher to some order than Ledo's Ensign designation). It might be another one of those pieces of information that the GA felt was unnecessary to impart to foot soldiers because they should focus only on their own task and capability, and not be concerned about what their superiors can/can not do.