View Single Post
Old 2013-08-09, 06:55   Link #118
zato_1one

Yep. I agree that if the story was told in different order then it could totally change the impression of viewers (still prefer Kissshot over Hanekawa though). But even so, I don't think that I would take it as a fact that Bake story is all about Hanekawa. It's because no Senjougahara = no Bake story. In a sense, you could select x girl here to replace Senjougahara as Araragi's girlfriend and the story would continue from that point. Or else there is no continuing to the story in a Bake perspective. Araragi had girlfriend helped progressing the story and also triggered many events. It was not all about Hanekawa's stress and jealousy.

I really like the ending of Neko Shiro when she asked her parent for her room. If she was able to do that from the start then her life would be easier than this. Hanekawa could easily take Araragi as her boyfriend if she could just ask him. But that would never happen due to her character. There is no helping it because her character was developed this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
He could have met any girl, but that's not the point.
But then we wouldn't have the tsundere character winning the love triangle, and we wouldn't have the victim. What ifs are meaningless. Nisio chose the characters and the story.
It doesn't have to be Senjougahara. My point is that Araragi needs an aggressive girl to approach him because he is such an M character. If other new girls just do the waiting and hoping for him to confess to her first then I'm not sure how many volume it takes to reach that point.