View Single Post
Old 2013-08-11, 17:59   Link #32737
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokEnkephalin View Post
I take it the Red Truth can only assert things that are true in decohered consistent histories, not any of the values of the superposed state itself. So if the use of magic is reliant on an unknown quantity X from the fundamental level, then the presence of that quantity would appear in one of those superposed states. The Red Truth can't assert the value of either, mystery or fantasy, but only the constants of their effects.

I wouldn't call this a quantum physics element, it relies pretty much on a misunderstanding of how quantum physics works. But it is interesting as a plot and logical premise, makes a far more complex thought experiment than Schroedinger's Cat.
Its use in the story could be from a flawed interpretation of it, and its been an issue with some of the though experiments he's invoked. But as I see in the story, the red functions as a way to collapse the wave function rather than revealing something that already collapsed.

I think the way I see it is that the story isn't fully written and the game master can alter parts of it on the go and the red is used for that. Versus the story is already written and the red is simply showing whats already set in stone.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote