Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-25, 07:33   Link #3623
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It seems timely given yet another "kiddie" discussion, but H x H is moving to Tuesdays at 1:29 AM next month. Guess it isn't surprising, but it still makes me a little sad.
So they'll air it at night? Personally, I'm okay with it, if it means they don't need to pull the brakes on the next material. I would be annoyed by badly done censorship (not that Madhouse has ever done that with this series, except maybe the confetti blood when Hisoka cut that guy's arm off at the exam).

I have a fun anecdote about HXH being "for kiddies". I first knew HXH through the Italian dub. It was aired around 1 PM, in a time slot usually reserved for popular (and thoroughly sanitized) shonen anime. The kind of slot where they'd usually air our Dragonball dub - which manages the heroic feat of not using the word "death" once during the whole run despite the source material. Well, in this slot they began airing the old HXH series completely uncensored. I guess they just watched the first two-three episodes and thought "ok, mindless adventure anime for children, passed". When it came to that-certain-episode (the one where we get an heart ripped and the mention of the word "transvestite" - le gasp! - in less than twenty minutes), shit hit the fan. Hard. I guess the network was submerged by the usual zealot parents writing flaming letters, because the entire series was suspended and they began a new airing, this time with a hurried and ultra-censored dub. Gore was cut out, any allusion to homosexuality in that specific scene was eliminated, and even Killua and his family were rebranded from "assassins" to "mercenaries".

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote