View Single Post
Old 2013-11-01, 12:51   Link #1742
exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So why should some complex period-based calculation scheme matter more than how competitors actually do head-to-head against each other in an exciting 7-way match?

Valuing SDO more than the Necklace match itself really strikes me as the wrong approach to take. Using SDO to determine who gets into the Necklace match is a fine idea, very reflective of pro sports leagues using regular season performance to determine who gets into the playoffs. But then let pure vote count determine who wins the Necklace. In the unlikely even of a vote count tie, use SDO as a tie-breaker.

That's my position.
SDO topic on ISML forums, we had this discussion and my opinion was the same as Triple R, but apparently there are reasons... which don't make sense... they are forcing this SDO so hard it almost hurts...
They talk about making tournament unpredictable and fun, it almost sounds like they are making a show for media.. as long as it unpredictable anything goes... isn't it precisely because a chara is strong it's easy to predict her win. If it was other wise it wouldn't be so easy.