View Single Post
Old 2013-11-20, 21:37   Link #8683
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
I still wonder how exactly they powered that floating island of theirs.
An object in orbit does not need to be "powered." Gravity acts as the force to maintain circular/elliptical motion. For example, you don't need to "power" the moon for it to stay in orbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel07 View Post
If the quote about Aisha being 12000 years old is a misinterpretation then what is the original sentence saying? what the translation about it should be?
Originally, someone in this thread asked for descriptions of the 7 Campiones. A certain person gave impressions off the top of their head and used "1800 years old", possibly in a figurative sense, but the description stuck. Until Volume 14 came along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
And the part where Artos (was Artus a TL mistake or actual change of spelling in original or something) hides his name is just natural.
The Japanese approximated the word phonetically using アルトス which can be transliterated variously as Altos, Artos, Artus, etc. Artus is the Old English form of Arthur, so that was what I picked initially to make the link obvious. However, once the bear connection became explicit, spelling it "Artos" (the Celtic word for "bear") would be more appropriate.

In practice, I doubt that there is any significant difference in actual pronunciation.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote