View Single Post
Old 2013-11-23, 04:02   Link #2647
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
I beg to differ. I doubt that the so-called anti-voters would be a factor in this match now, because 1.) They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they were to support a girl from a series they dislike and 2.) Tactical voting is already useless at this point, where there are only PMMM girls left in the running.
I've mentioned this already earlier, 1.) They won't be shooting themselves in the face if they were to vote for the girl that's widespread the least PMMM favorite girl against who the faction wants to win 2.)spite-voting over a series that has dominated for two years is a possibility, you cannot rule that out.

Quote:
Either way it's already a victory for the PMMM faction, so it's a lot more likely these anti-voters have already packed up and left the moment the last non-PM girl lost. Come on, look at these vote totals for the Final Match: do you seriously believe there are still a lot of anti-voters bothering to participate and make a difference here now?
Yep, and yep.

Quote:
It's a lot more plausible to consider this a close fight between the core supporters of Sayaka and the core supporters of Madoka with the rest of the PMMM voters reserving judgment until the final hour. Anti-voters would be negligible at this point since I doubt they'd vote for girls they don't care about: for them, Saimoe 2013 has already ended (or died as the naysayers love to say).
I don't think the same clearly, in any case, I am still theorizing since the match hasn't yet ended.

Quote:
In my view you're one of those who frequently underestimated Sayaka, after all. No matter how many wins she got or how far she went, there were those who never gave her the respect she's due. Even when she's already fighting in the Final Match and giving the favorite girl a good run for her money.
Sayaka was pretty fortunate to face weak opponents. She had a free pass, I cannot give her credit with those one-sided matches. Her fight with Mami was a product of tactical voting for me after seeing the vote counts between Kyouko-Madoka AND Madoka's total against Kuroneko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
lol, a slight swing and here comes the anti-voters.
And they're possibly are

Quote:
Sayaka defeating Mami could be due to any number of things. Kuroneko-Madoka is just two strong girls having a close match. Kuroneko has her own supporters, and has been one of the stronger SaiMoe girls for awhile now. She doesn't need anti-Madoka Magica voters to help her get strong showings.
IMO, she definitely did and that's how I see it after analyzing the votes.

Quote:
And you have no good reason for claiming that, especially given the results of the Ayase/Homura/Madoka match.
I have good reason since I've always thought if not tied with Homura, Madoka was the favored one over Homura in Saimoe. Also given that Madoka was picked over Homura with the fight against Ayase, we're gonna take that into account.

Quote:
It is wild speculation since Kuroneko-Madoka didn't prove any such thing. Besides, Kuroneko-Madoka has nothing to do with an all-PMMM final where there's no resistance members left. It's very clear that anti-PMMM voters should care about Kuroneko-Madoka. It makes much less sense for them to care about an all-PMMM final.
The Kuroneko-Madoka AND Sayaka-Mami matches are likely to have something to do with it if Sayaka gets to still win against Madoka's over 160 or 190 votes. Relying on that crucial match [ruri-MAdoka] was important to figure out how far PMMM's votes could go.

Quote:
On what basis do you make this claim?
A lot. I hope you aren't blind not to see it.

Quote:
On what basis do you claim this? Sayaka defeated Mami, and she certainly did better this year than Kyouko did. She's doing better against Madoka right now than Kyouko did in the Semis.
And imo, that has only have to do with the anti-voters supporting her...

Quote:
Frankly, your strong personal bias is showing. It's quite obvious that you're motivated by a personal dislike of Sayaka, and hence are trying to delegitimize her performance in J-SaiMoe 2013. I find it rather petty on your part, frankly.
You can look at it as you like but I'm just observing here, to predict something. It's rather petty on your part to be bothered by my posts then?

Quote:
The anti-faction may welll not be at play any more.
They're still there, only a few of them are left I guess

Quote:
IIRC, Madoka was leading the match comfortably until HanaKana voters pulled off a late-stage surge. It could be that Madoka faction voters simply were lulled into a false sense of security. Given how weak most non-PMMM girls have been since the rule change, I can see how that could happen.
Madoka was NOT leading the match comfortably during the match with Kuroneko given that one was a one major non-intraseries match. It could be but I don't see that. PMMM faction should have been alarmed with how Kuroneko kept on coming closer to her.

Quote:
You don't know this. This is just pure speculation on your part. There could well be more neutral voters than there are strictly anti-voters.
Maybe, but maybe my speculation is right

Quote:
Sure there was indication of that. Homura's vote total in the match she lost to Mikoto Misaka in 2011 was much higher than any vote total Madoka achieved in 2011, IIRC.
Sorry, but that doesn't say anything. Madoka was totally unchallenged in the whole competition and even that Madoka-Mami match back then has had some controversy.

Quote:
For a long time, Kirino was clearly stronger than Ayase, at least in ISML. That changed in ISML 2013. Kirino has always been polarizing, but she was still clearly stronger than Ayase until recently.
Again, you cannot apply that every show...

Quote:
If Sayaka ends up with more votes than Madoka, then she's preferred, period.
LOL Nope. Period.

Quote:
This argument could be used no matter who wins it all this year.
That is where I agree with you No contest on that...