View Single Post
Old 2013-12-17, 04:28   Link #160
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Out of curiosity...... were you revolted by all the other countless times when Oda drew characters who had snot flowing from their noses when they were crying or showing some other extreme emotion? In fact, I'm pretty sure I even recall that happening to Zoro AND Robin a few times already (in serious scenes, mind you). Honestly, I don't really think that raw emotion is something that requires a "clean and proper" representation......
'Revolted' is too harsh of a word, but I'm no fan of the overly cartoony expression of emotion with the popping eyes and so on. Yes, I know that it's a manga we're talking about, and I know that Oda's drawing in general is far from realistic, but there's a limit to what I can enjoy. I just can't laugh at panels like those. At best they make me turn the page extra quickly without cringing. Don't take this the wrong way, though, I'm not angry about it or anything, and I don't even feel particularly strong about this. I'm just explaining my position since some people seem to be in disbelief of what I'm saying, lol. Oh, yes, the Perona one is fine. But you should address GreyZone with that, not me. He's the one whose theory and reasoning are ruined by it.^^