View Single Post
Old 2013-12-27, 09:15   Link #107
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I don't recall any other characters mentioned by name. But in the epilogue, a certain blond-haired, green-eyed aristocrat who loves to dress fashionably is mentioned as having been scouted off the streets of Sauvreme and propelled into becoming an international movie star...
Well, Grevil already has it in him. He's as flambuoyant as a movie star long long ago.

Quote:
If this is the point at which the author is going to pick up the story again, then I agree that keeping all changes on camera is better from the standpoint of the reader. But it seems odd in light of the timeline. GosickS I to Gosick 8b took place in less than a year, but the characters underwent huge changes in their personal growth and way of relating to each other. Now five more years have passed, of which several months have been spent living together in NY, and before that an unknown amount of time together in Japan. But their relationship seems to have taken a step backward if anything. I didn't think Kazuya at least would feel content just living as friends with Victorique rather than lovers after that intense scene during their last night together in 8a.
A return to status quo considering all the stuff happened during the Second Wind may in fact be awkward. (I mean, by the end of the war, they should have been way more than friends.) Does it mean that they have actually become accustomed to New York that their old interactions from Sauville just sprung back up? And let's consider that their relationship isn't portrayed like in romance where a change of relationship also affects how one relates to the other. Their romance is not really obvious to us readers, but we know that they love each other very much.

Their love story is really unusual, but not totally unrealistic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote