View Single Post
Old 2014-01-02, 19:30   Link #1521
name93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If you guys had actually read the interview translations, Urobuchi only had the idea for a different, less open ending, not a fully written script or anything like that. It was quite early in production that he got told to write an ending that left room for a continuation, and while it was Shinbo who came up with the idea of making Homura and Madoka enemies, that was the script Urobuchi ended up writing.

Please stop trying to invalidate the ending like this. Madoka was planned and produced by Magica Quartet, not Urobuchi alone; it was, from the beginning, a collaborative effort.

If you don't like the ending, that's fine, but please stop pretending as though Rebellion was ever going to be anything other than what it is.
Allow me to prove you wrong to a degree:

Quote:
UROBUCHI
"While the show was still airing Iwagami approached me and asked what I thought about doing a sequel. I just laughed it off and didn't take it seriously but he repeated it several times and I eventually realised he was serious."
They came up with the idea for a sequel through brainstorming sessions, and this idea of it taking place inside Homura's soul gem as she starts to become a witch was the first idea they came up with.

The big plot twist WASN'T Urobuchi's idea, he was going to have Madoka just take Homura away and the end, but Iwagami and Shinbou wanted to be able to let it continue.
Having Madoka and Homura being on opposite sides at the end was Shinbou's idea.
http://pastebin.com/MAGSC8Ay

Urobutchi wrote his ending in the original story. What was said there was his vision of Homura and Madoka and their relationship. He didn't want to write anything after that because that ending was his baby ( I refer you to the interview in the last volume of Fate/Zer ).
But Shaft kept bugging him about writing a sequel, so he agreed, and wanted to write a story which would have ended with Homura being taken to 'heaven' by Madoka, in confirmation of Madoka's promise in ep 12 that they'll meet again. Happy ending for everyone.

But Shinbou suggested and eventually persuaded Gen into turning Homura into a villain.
So yeah, people who 'want to pretend that Rebellion was originally going to be something else' aren't really unjustified in their views.
name93 is offline   Reply With Quote