View Single Post
Old 2014-01-03, 16:08   Link #1532
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
How did you two feel about Homura’s love? It seemed like Saitou-san’s own feelings were changing, but…

Saitou: No, but really! I suspected as much. Homura’s feelings were a bit intense for “friendship” as it’s defined in this day and age. I always thought that what she felt was closer to love than friendship. Being able to cut off everything you don’t like and freeze everything in its ideal shape is the scariest thing about romantic feelings. And to actually call those actions “love”… is pretty scary.

Yuuki: I thought she was greedy. I think Homura-chan’s feelings are closer to “desire” than to “love”. Homura-chan has been repressing her feelings for a long time. But everything she bottled up eventually exploded, and got so out-of-hand that they changed the whole world. And as a result, Homura-chan tore Madoka to pieces. In the TV series, Madoka “wished for something that would break the things dear to her in the end”. Remembering that makes me sad.
Their opinions don't even fully match up on this, lol.

Also, their argument is basically that Homura doesn't fit the typical idea of friendship in the modern age....which is meaningless since she doesn't exactly fit the modern idea of love ever, and more or less says as such in her Satan Modo Ascension.

Quote:
Homura’s wish also winds up contradicting what Madoka wished for in the TV series.

Yuuki: I don’t think Homura-chan really understood what Madoka wanted. I was really sad about that. At the same time, I think that the plotline of Homura-chan tearing Madoka apart felt like classical mythology.
....which means Homura's emotions probably mirror classical interpretations for the sake of allegory. It could be love. But assuming so like it's an 100% unambiguous thing is foolish. Personally, I find it more fun to try to plug in all of them.

Quote:
Is there really any doubt of Homura's feelings at this point? She flat out said that everything she's done has been because of her love for Madoka.
Yeaaa, but what kind of love? Eros? Philia? Agape? There's like four kinds and Homura might even be inventing one given her dialog.