Thread: Licensed Tokyo Ravens
View Single Post
Old 2014-01-29, 11:30   Link #953
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
By that logic Onmyo teachers (or any profession that dealt something dangerous like the police, FBI etc) won't exist in the first place. You're using special circumstances with Twin Horn as the norm to judge how the world Onmyoudo is. Yes, Ohtomo has gone through some trials, but that's part aspect of his (former) job and that of his own personality. There are also plenty of teachers and personal in the Agency who don't go through as much and are heavily involved in magic. Tenma's parents ran a company that sold familiars for everyday use for example, this would not have possible without being taught magic. It didn't involve fighting either.

Furthermore if someone wants learn how to use magic to enter the Agency and benefit to society while preventing it's misuse then hardly stupid for anyone to teach them how. They just need to know the risks and decide if that's okay with them.
It doesn't make sense for Harutora since while his situation is extreme, he doesn't necessarily know that or see it as that different from what his "future students" would face, at this time. I mean nobody around him ever made a fuss over it, so from his point of view that's how things are normally. And I actually don't think the current state of things is actually that different then normal; at least I haven't seen any indication of things being better given how skilled some of the generals and villains have been.

Essentially, in context his ambitions kind of stink.