Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2014-02-03, 05:06   Link #25021
Wood_Woody

Now that I've read the final chapter, I can't help but feel sorry for Ura, both in the manga and the anime. She gets the raw deal every time!

In the manga, we've seen that the Akasha's shell caused more outpouring of emotion than Ura's presence ever did. Who got the kiss? Akasha, not Ura. In the anime, Ura even stops to question herself "Am I not good enough for you?" as Tsukune rides off to save the day and retrieve another Rosary from Issa. Tsukune says that he loves both equally, but his actions show completely otherwise.

With all this in mind, looks like Kurumu's time has finally come....there would be too much baggage for Tsukune everytime he looks at Ura, plus she herself would probably become quite cold toward him after being made second best. Kurumu's unwavering love wins the day!

Interesting thinking back to the kiss between Akasha & Tsukune when she says "I feel so happy, I could come back to life". I thought it was a translation error, or that she was saying it knowing that death was approaching. How it puts a different perspective on things now.

Issa - what a pity he never showed up again. He might be tough but I don't think he's got the minerals to outdo Alucard, and was probably killed off a while ago. There could have been some real mileage in him scrapping it out with the group or Alucard on his own, even if the outcome were to be fatal. Weird conspiracy theory - what if Alucard WAS Issa? DUN DUN DUH!

Overall though, I think this final chapter was weak solely down the exits of the persons thought to be the most powerful. Alucard is undone not by brute strength but the application of a silver cross summoning forth Akasha, and then he just decides to give it all up, just for her? Furthermore, Fuhai and Mikogami also deciding "Fuck it, we're out too. Good luck with the clean up kids!"

It could have been better, but it could also have been a lot worse.
Wood_Woody is offline   Reply With Quote