Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Nagi no Asukara (Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea)
View Single Post
Old 2014-02-27, 15:25   Link #2721
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Maybe I'm just wearing my rose-tinted glasses here, but I thought the stuff between Tsumugu and Chisaki this episode didn't sink the ship at all, quite the contrary. No matter what people have been telling Chisaki about how she's not changed, she's still Chii-chan and what not, her actions more than anything else are showing someone who's been living the life of a grown-up. She's leaving her friends in order to take care of granpa, she's telling herself she "has to take care of Manaka", along with a bunch of other small details in this episode where she basically dettached herself from the other group, as if she didn't really "belong" there.

Even though she may act like she's fine, I do think Tsumugu hit the jackpot there when he said she was "lonely". She might try to convince herself otherwise, but it does seem like she's not quite on the same wavelength as everyone else, and coincidentally or not, Tsumugu is the only one who's gone through the "same" things she did. So, all in all, while he's being good old stubborn Tsumugu, whenever things click I do see this pairing taking off as a real chance.

Or so I hope, of course. They're by far my favourite couple right now and there is just a certain chemistry between those two that I cannot find in any other couple in the show so far. So I'm really rooting for things to work out between them...