View Single Post
Old 2014-03-06, 23:04   Link #203
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Read again. I said I didn't agree with the invasion, but saying that Putin is enslaving them is just irresponsible use of language.

Also, if China's invasion of Tibet didn't make the country turn out far worse than it would have otherwise, I would'nt care so much about it either. As I'm sure you know, the occupation of Tibet was in fact totally brutal and still is rather bad for the natives. But as it concerns what is happening in Eastern Europe, I'm pretty ambivalent since IMO the total geopolitical collapse of the USSR was a mistake that could and should have have been avoided (Getting rid of communism and introducing reforms? Good. Totally dismembering the country? What do you expect will happen 20 years down the road? No wonder Putin got into office. Once again, the stubbornness of the hardline Communists who opposed Gorbachev is to blame).
Agree.

The West won't want to admit it. But the collapsing of Communists block society (not the government) and rapid breaking up without progressively reformed was a disaster to East Europe overall. Yugoslavia Wars. Economical collapse. Exponentially rise of poverty AND filthy rich multi-billionaires. Not to mention, nests for skinheads and neo-fascists groups to strive.

They could at least have became something similar to East Germany, minus the subsidise helps from West Germany, but plus with much more advanced technology and general infrastructure. Or at the very least don't have as much internal conflicts as the Western Europe has