Thread: Licensed Fuuka (Seo Kouji)
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-24, 16:11   Link #168
zensunni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
"The triangle is forming!!"

Oh boy here we go
Something has to make Fuuka realize how she feels about Yuu. It is a safe bet that he won't be aggressive enough to actually suggest that they date, since every hint he gets turns into a "yeah, no way that would happen" thought. Hell, she asked him to go to a concert with her and he said, "Why don't you go with a friend?" When she protested that he is her friend, he suggested that she go with a "closer friend". She pretty much had to force him to say yes!

(On a positive note, they have been on 2 actual dates without a confession ahead of time, just a "hey, I got these movie tickets" and "My cousin cancelled on me and I have a spare concert ticket", but it doesn't change the fact that they are actually dates. Not to mention the fact that she wanted him to go with her to the shrine to pray for the chance to win the tickets. That says something. Though it might have been because he knew how affected she is by Koyuki's music, so she felt she could confide in him about her wanting to pray at the shrine for the chance to win the tickets.)

Still, I don't know that she is looking at him as boyfriend material, yet. The line about her knowing that he likes Koyuki's singing suggests that she may have thought of him as a person to ask because she figured he would enjoy it, not because she wanted to spend time with him more than other guys.

However, if Tama-chan/Koyuki makes a big deal about him being in the front row, like calling him up on stage and introducing him to the crowd as the boy who encouraged her to sing and, maybe, announces the next song as one that she wrote about him? Fuuka may look at him differently.

Options for Fuuka's reaction when she finds out that Yuu knows Koyuki:
1. Elated - "Please introduce me!!!!"
2. Furious - "Why the heck didn't you tell me you knew her?"
3. Jealous - "Oh... she invited you personally to come to the show and writes her songs thinking about you... how nice (frozen glare)
4. Touched - "Koyuki invited you to come to the show personally and you turned her down because I invited you to a concert, even though you didn't know it was the same one? I would have totally understood if you told me you couldn't go! (Maybe Yuu really cares about me?)"

My bet is a combination of 2, 3, and either 1 or 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
These two chapters were pretty good. I can't believe I'm actually eager for the next chapter. But really the characters in this series doesn't seem to be very aware in their surroundings
Well, I don't count this one as being in the same class as the Chapter 4, pre-movie meet-up debacle. For one thing, the meeting on different sides of the statue was pretty much a pure sight gag. It made me wonder if Seo is writing this series with an eye for it being animated, because that gag would work much better as anime than in print.

Second, there isn't really any problem with awareness in chapter 8.
Spoiler:

So, in short, no big problem with awareness there.
zensunni is offline   Reply With Quote