View Single Post
Old 2014-03-27, 09:32   Link #12585
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MShukyDeneuve View Post
So how is this Parvati wipe out all other Tatsuya shipping???

Don't tell me it is your own opinion??

I understood on Parvati part.

But it is weird to assume thing will be same on Miyuki.

You excited over nothing....i got tricked by you..ugh.

Trick? No, my friend. This is EXACTLY what I needed. Of course, the story could take a very different direction, but I think this is pretty telling, so from now on, I'm going to be a little more assertive, for I'm now 98% sure this story will, one way or another, end with Tatsuya being with Miyuki.

Now, how does this wipe out all the other pairings? Check it out. "Snow Goddess". That's very important. I keep stressing that Miyuki shares the same personality, role, effect on people as the goddess Parvati, as well as sharing vaguely similar circumstances. But there was one thing about her that made me wonder: why snow? The author made them feel so similar already, so why'd he give Miyuki snow as her most prominently used magic? And give her all these snow related symbols and titles? Sure, Parvati lived in the snowy mountains, but surely that can't be enough. Maybe it's just some personal added touch to her character? I thought. Or maybe it's another tie in to the fact that there was a Shiva summon in FF who used ice. They don't have to be completely similar...

But this changes everything. Parvati's name in Chinese is "Snow Goddess" and now everything about her character and her symbolic attributes make sense. What this does is basically move Miyuki away from simply having the same functions as Parvati and being heavily based on her, to being nigh identical to her and being a good re-imagining of the goddess into the story of Mahouka. Like Tatsuya. Who people have long since established is nigh identical to Shiva. Now we can say the same thing about Miyuki. Because even her ice powers fit with the mythological parallels. Logic also dictates that since it appears they've kept with the parallels this long--we've got half the story finished already--it follows that they'd probably do the same till the end. Shiva is married to the Snow Goddess. Now...what does that say?

Last edited by Lucarion; 2014-03-27 at 09:43.