View Single Post
Old 2014-03-27, 13:11   Link #12598
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
well miyuki herself said that the time she will have to get married is not far away, and i don't think maya is going to let miyuki do as she please, a prof of that is minami that has been introduced into their house to keep one eye on them (i foresee a conflict between miyuki and minami in a near future). so unless something change until then miyuki marriage is unavoidable
Not unavoidable.
Extremely likely, but not unavoidable.
The main thing is that Miyuki has been raised to conform to certain preconceptions, so it's unlikely she will go against them even if she did not like them, or if they were not actually all the necessary.

My main point has been consistently that, if she really wants to, and is willing to go for it, she could avoid marriage, and that marriage is not really necessary for the main objectives of a marriage (more mages + Yotsuba heir), because other options exist.

I don't see the main conflict or drama about the marriage being about inevitability of the marriage, but a struggle inside Miyuki about whether she keeps following the preconceived notions of society, or will she break free and do what she wants.

It's not even the struggle of mages as weapons or demand for more mages, but same struggle lot of people in a conformist society go through.