View Single Post
Old 2014-03-30, 20:55   Link #918
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Saki is an emotionally shattered wreck that hides behind the veil of a Mahjong super monster who's hidden behind the veil of a dorky dojikko. She doesn't socialize well when she does at all. There are a lot of issues underneath the surface that we've only just begun to see.
This is precisely my sentiment about her which makes her stand in utter contrast against any other sports protagonist. She is this paradoxical being that contradicts herself on and off mahjong. I feel like a broken record player by repeating how that we really don't know Saki.

This brings me back to that scene where Achiga girls ran into Saki. I think that people's perception of saki's viewpoint in relation to how others see the same world would have changed significantly after having seen the Nationals arc. I for one was actually wary when Saki mused if she was seeing things after her encounter with Shizu... for Shizu's sake, not for the demon lord.

And about the manga. We have gone through roughly 3 years worth of material in the course of 13 episodes. First season of Saki went through the first 4 years with extra thrown in, and the manga is now in its 9th year.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote