View Single Post
Old 2014-03-30, 23:44   Link #6581
Doom_Paperclip
lethal office stationery

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^^ MAYBE only maybe this was a small foreshadowing of a divine power similar with accels wings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
wouldn't that black stuff be made out of the same thing as the black wings? dark matter or something like that.
I agree with this theory. Flooded with anger towards AC, Mikoto produced a highly destructive Black Power that could not be explained by her Electromaster ability. This power was too great for IB to negate. The circumstances match with Accelerator's manifestation of Black Wings.

As others have pointed out, this suggests something interesting. Namely, that the state known as level 6 only has one end point, regardless of the Esper's original ability. If every Esper in AC, not only the #1 and #3, had the potential for level 6, then all of them would eventually be able to produce that Black Power. At some point on the road to SYSTEM, they transcend the limitations of their personal reality to reach a mysterious unexplainable power so far removed from their previous state that it can no longer be called an Esper ability.

I guess it's kind of similar to how Majins transcend the limits of normal spells, allowing them to invoke magic more powerful than any other without needing to recite incantations, make gestures, prepare temples, hold relevant spiritual tools or wait for the right astral or Ley Line configurations. It seems that once you walk down far enough on the paths of either Science or Magic, the differences between the two become less distinct. Even though the base materials are completely different, the structures they build are remarkably similar.

In any case, I'm interested in the phenomenon that Mikoto 5.5 caused. The way that power latched on to her made it seem like it had a will of its own. Furthermore, she stated that that power was "called in" rather than "created" by her desires (then again, I don't know what the original Japanese said, so I could be wrong). It could very well be that neither Mikoto nor Accelerator are making this stuff from scratch. Rather, they are summoning it from somewhere else.