View Single Post
Old 2014-04-08, 22:43   Link #14
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't something so utterly enjoyable as this. Really beautifully made.

I'm not coming to this as a fan of the original Soul Eater, which I didn't last very long with. This first episode, however, was good to look at, funny, and even moving for me. I felt all Tsugumi's moments of doubt and joy and determination. Props to the newish seiyuu playing her, Chisuga Haruka; and also to writer/director Hashimoto Masakazu (who also did both jobs on TariTari), and to Bones. By the way, I totally loved Tsugumi's poking-out hairstyle.

But the real reason I am here is for the other two stars: Yuuki Aoi and Hayami Saori, two of my favorite seiyuus, fellow-students at Waseda University, and partners in a long-running radio show. Hayamin has one of the most beautiful voices in the world, singing or speaking; and Ao-chan has one of the strongest seiyuu voices, and great ability to work with it. I didn't even recognize her voice at first, which is unusual for the very distinctive Ao-chan. She was wonderful in Love Song for a Certain Pilot, and she's started well here (as Meme; Hayamin plays the princess).

I can understand why people who liked the first series are put off by this one. This ain't that, at least so far. But I myself am ready to see the story and the characters evolve. The less we see of stupid shounen villains like the two guys, though, the better.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.