Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-09, 05:59   Link #33441
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
You know... this reminds me of an old debate in my university's online forum about whether it's ok to build a mosque near ground zero. It was a heated debate with many people for both sides and the debates go on for a very long time until the moderators came in and closed it.

It really seems to me it's one of those issues that's sorta subjective yet so sensitive that people can't just "tolerate" the other side to just agree to disagree.
Subjective? Of course it wasn't. As far as I know America haven't banned Islam in their country yet. The fact that some people want to do so doesn't mean there is anything to debate. There are just idiots who genuinely believe USA is a "Christian Country", when it isn't. The fact they live in a lie is their problem.

Debates last long not because both sides are equally valid. It just means neither side are willing to concede ground. If you think just because an argument went nowhere, meant the two sides are equal, then we have a problem. A side that refuse to concede when they have been proven wrong, doesn't mean they were not wrong. They still are wrong, they just refuse to admit it.