Thread: Oblivion
View Single Post
Old 2006-03-23, 02:49   Link #2
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I suppose this is the Oblivion thread of Animesuki. I just bought the game this afternoon. I got the collector's edition, in addition to the game DVD, there's a bonus DVD containing a lot of extras like documentary of making of game, a small tome of game background lore, and an Imperial Septim Coin. Anyways, this game has pretty much fulfilled its hype; its amazing world and graphics are sure to impress, but along with it, the high burden to run the game (and a bug or two, which I have encountered). I pretty much spent most of the evening tinkering with the game settings, trying to figure out an optimal level of detail for my computer and laptop. That job was easy enough for my computer, as unfortunately, it could barely manage to run Oblivion (my computer and laptop's specifications can be found in my profile). I mean, even on the lowest settings of all graphic details, my computer could not run the introduction movie smoothly. Luckily, my laptop fared slightly better. At least it ran the intro without a hitch, and could handle the game at playable fps at 1024x768 resolution in low settings. As a gamer, when your computer cannot handle a new game, it's a sign that it's time to upgrade. My generations old computer is dying, as I've already made many incremental upgrades to it since I got it 2-3 years ago. You can only improve obsolete technology so much before the benefits become negligible. I think it's about time I started from a new foundation: a current generation mobo+CPU chipset. *Sigh*, I've got to start to save up for that...

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-03-23 at 03:18.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote