View Single Post
Old 2014-04-25, 20:00   Link #232
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
So from this episode, I noticed some things:
  1. In teams, its encouraged that intimate relationships between members are not practiced. Because of Momose getting captured, Akai abondoned the objective & the mission fell apart. He died as a result.
  2. Backlash from (1) Reality sets in for Momose & she retaliates because her lover died to save her with an act of insubordination. She loses her cool & proceeds to further fuck up the mission.
  3. Further backlash from (1 & 2). Midorikawa tries to save the now unconscious(?)[I think she was already dead, couldn't really tell because of the fugly 3D animation] Momose & abandons the objective. He pushes her out of the way & dies as a result.
  4. Because Midorikawa abandoned the objective to save Momose, Aoki got left hanging & fell victim to the Gauna's tentacles.

TL;DR, Momose pretty much fucked it up for everyone. This is one of those classic cases where your actions have severe repercussions.

It went something like:

Momose in danger = Akai abandoning the mission & his death.
Momose's insubordination = Midorikawa's insubordination & death.
Midorikawa's insubordination = Aoki's death. (All rooted back to Momose's insubordination)

If they had ignored her getting caught by the tentacle & proceeded to carry out their mission, they'd have successfully eliminated the Gauna before things could get any worse. This is what happens when intimate relationships between team members get in the way.
It was truly the emotions of Team Elite that caused their downfall. I found the sequence of events comical and at least hoped Midorikawa and Aoki wouldn't fail. I regret that they couldn't live an episode or two longer to be cool senpais for Nagate and his friends since I enjoy an older, knowledgeable presence for MCs in mecha anime. I guess he's still got Kobayashi but I don't think they will have any heart to heart chats.

Feel for Midorikawa's sister

Hopefully the next team won't have this problem since Nagate has 3 admirers now there's a good chance 1 of them will be in his team.
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote