Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Ping Pong (NoitaminA)
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-05, 02:40   Link #156
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

I don't speak Chinese and have zero Chinese cultural roots, but yes, I also feel the most for him, perhaps because his personal drama is the heaviest. In a way, it's no wonder that he feels older than Smile and Peko despite being about the same age (much like Dragon, but in a different way), he has so much behind him and now he's watching it all crash and burn. I keep rewatching his match with Dragon, it's just so masterfully done - the way he starts with low spirits (being perfectly aware that Smile lost on purpose), the way Dragon completely overpowers him, how he succumbs to panic, and then that moment of clarity when he looks at his coach - that moment is perhaps the best one in the entire episode. And then the post-match quiet reflection, with the airplane leaving without him.

The Akuma vs Peko match was also great in its own way, but the sheer drama in the China vs Dragon match made for perhaps the most emotional moments so far.
You pretty much said everything I wanted to say. It was an awesome sequence.

Anyways, there's a young female character! Who'd thought it'd be the 'Monster's cousin (maybe gf?). The coach shouting that their relationship is pure was hilarious.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote