Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-14, 03:16   Link #3884
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Kinda late to the party but just wondering, what does them graduating have to do with a possible third season? If any of you have watched the extras bundled on the BD of Season 1, a lot of the NO NAME members said they want to become seiyuus. Voice acting in a possible S3 would be exactly that, so does it really matter if they've graduated from AKB48 or their sister groups? It's not like they've suddenly forgot how to sing or anything o.O
Post-graduation, three of them have elected to pursue a voice acting career (after a long but not so-notable membership), while another decided to leave the entertainment industry altogether despite considerable fame (she claimed she wanted to resume higher education and to earn a law degree), so as much as it seems impossible (not sure how much the entire show earned, but I feel it was still small in comparison with existing/competing idol anime), I can't discount the unexpected as they still have the skills for comeback roles.

Quote:
On unrelated note, just finished rewatching S1+S2 in full 1080p glory and my god, still love this anime so much. Rewatching it made me appreciate some members even more and like some I didn't really care for when I first watched it, like Mimori. Pretty much marathoned through both seasons and I can't stop thinking about the anime now ... Need more, want more .. but there's none
Yep, and from time to time I do replay any of the episodes for genuine enjoyment.

Quote:
And well yes, the way it ended doesn't really warrant a S3 but I'm sure they could come up with more story, have more of the 77th gen possibly become successors, and see how Acchan and Chieri grow to become even greater.
You're not the only one, as there's much to be done for story development and loose ends to be dealt with.