Thread: Licensed Kiba
View Single Post
Old 2006-03-31, 09:29   Link #1
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Kiba

New shounen show airing in April, Kiba is produced by Madhouse (Gunslinger Girl, Trinity Blood) and Aniplex (Kamichu) directed by Hiroshi Koujina (Grenadier). Character design is by Takahiro Yoshimatsu (Jubei Chan) and the conceptual design is by online artist Teikoku Shounen, art direction by Hidetoshi Kaneko (My Neighbour Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service and who is also the art director for the up coming Black Lagoon).

Cast includes Hiroyuki Yoshino (Blood+'s Kai) as 'Z' (or is it 'Zedd'?) and the excellent Nana Mizuki (Fate Testarossa from Nanoha, Wrath from FMA) as Roia. Kikuko Inoue (who's been in everything, mostly recently she played Carmen99 in GunxSword) plays Sarah. 17-year-old Nami Tamaki (GSD ED #1) is providing the OP. (I'm a bit miffed Nana Mizuki isn't doing this!).

Official site is http://www.ki-ba.com/ and here's the recently aired commercial on youtube.com.

Here's the blurb from Animenfo:

Quote:
Zedd is a 15-year-old boy who lives in Calm. He is frustrated by daily life, and he's seeking for the place to try his possibilities.

One day, a mysterious wind invites him to a time-space crevasse. He dives into the crevasse seeking for the answer that might be there.

Where he lands is another world. There, "Shadow Casters" have been fighting against each other endlessly using “Shadow”, which is a crystal of magical power. With the power of Shadow, the Shadow Caster uses magic and monsters called "Split".

Fascinated by the power, Zedd wants to be a Shadow Caster. However, he doesn't know that a big Spirit, "Amil Gaul", lies in his body, and that its power is so large as to influence the future of this world…
Sounds a bit generic doesn't it? But wait then there's the background art - feast your eyes on these beauties. Kiba should look good if nothing else and Madhouse have a relatively good track record.

The fact it's being helmed by Grenadier's director hasn't put me off Kiba (yet) as I doubt this series will plunge into DD fanservice. If I remember correctly Grenadier had some well directed action sequences, so that's also encouraging.

Kiba airs on Sundays starting 04/02 on TVTokyo.

Sources: ANN, Animenfo

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-03-31 at 11:10. Reason: factual corrections
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote