View Single Post
Old 2014-08-08, 14:55   Link #283
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalFusion View Post
Something I'm wondering now about the D'Hondt method as applied to the second preliminary. See this post for my interpretation of their rules.

What happens if a series is given a greater quota (more slots) than there are characters? As far as I know, nothing in the rules states what happens in this case. Do the extra slots just disappear into thin air?
That's a good question. In that case, the next series in the rankings will get one extra slot (will qualify one more character). This is not written in the rules but it's something they just explained.

Also here's some more interesting details related to the 2nd prelims:

In case of a tie between two characters of the same series, something used in political elections called the Sekihairitsu or "narrow loss ratio" will be used to break the tie. It's like this: votes received during 1st prelims divided by votes received by the last qualifier (12th place) of that group (and multiplied by 100 to make a percentage). In other words, the character who lost by the narrower margin in 1st prelims will qualify.

In case of a tie between two series, both characters qualify as per the usual rule.

It's also important to remark that voting for more than one character of the same series counts as only one vote for that series. Thus voting for all the characters of a series is a bit pointless (except to increase the vote totals, of course).

Then some series belonging to the same franchise will participate as one series in 2nd prelims. These are:
- Pretty Cure Series, Doki Doki! PreCure, Happiness Charge Precure!, PreCure All Stars New Stage 3
- Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live, Pretty Rhythm All Star Collection
- Little Busters! Refrain, Little Busters! EX
- Tamako Love Story, Minami no Shima no Dera-chan