View Single Post
Old 2014-08-14, 02:32   Link #61
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Impossible. They already sold the licences to different companies than CR in non-U.S. countries. They cannot simply "revoke" them. Of course they could change it "from now on", but it would not solve the problem of the shows that were already licensed by others who do not take part in the streaming service. Another problem is, even if those different companies had their own streaming service, who would want to pay subscription fees to ALL OF THEM?
I seriously doubt that's always the reason and I'll use my own country as an example: virtually every show on CR right now is unavailable in my home country and yet there is about zero per cent chance that they will ever show up on TV, streaming or home video simply because the last licenser closed up shop in the early 00s. Now maybe there are european companies that still get the license for my area as a bulk from old contract templates or something but it's more likely that CR simply targets a few major markets instead of everything available to reduce licensing costs.