Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Persona 4 Golden
View Single Post
Old 2014-09-21, 21:32   Link #306
Frontier

I at least appreciate the creative team letting Kana Hanazawa sing the ending theme, or more appropriately letting Marie actually sing her song, even if the original was definitely the better version .

Wow, I was wondering if the 3rd-tier Persona's would ever make an appearance or get animated, but not only do we get them but cameo's from the 2nd-tier's as well! Just really cool to get to see them, as well as letting each member of the Investigation Team get a good hit on Kusumi-no-Okami .

I was a little shocked that they had Izanagi-no-Okami show up for the finish though, since I just assumed his reappearance in animation would be saved for the remake of the Izanami fight, but I guess since he already appeared in the True Ending of the original anime that the novelty of his appearance has worn off. And we're in a new-game plus of the original anime, which likely helps. Though before that, Izanagi on his own was actually pretty awesome even when his weapon was destroyed, with his "Izanagi Kick!" and "Izanagi Punch!" .

Rise's reaction to Yu's princess carry of Marie and her retort back was pretty funny, as was Yu during the onsen scene .

The eyecatches for Golden have been pretty great, but I have to say this episodes eyecatch with the girls in those outfits left quite an impression, alongside the onsen scene and that view of Marie's nice body .

I had my doubts they would do Valentines day, for various reasons, so it wasn't that surprising to see most of it skipped over. I assume Nanako's Chocolate kept Yu out of commission for the entire day, which prevented any romantic hijinks from happening at the school with the girls. I guess it all worked out for the best, since no one got their heart broken and Yu got to accept Nanako and Marie's chocolates and still live to see another day .

Lots of good YuxMarie scenes in this episode, with a nice YuxNanako for good measure, and while I'm also with MAX_COLA_POWER! in being disappointed with how Marie's Valentines scene wasn't exactly like it was in the game, I can understand why it worked out that way. Though while she quickly avoided confessing in this episode, I'm hoping there'll be a scene in the next episode to more than make up for it .

Looking forward to the remake of the fight with Izanami!