Thread: Crunchyroll Yama no Susume Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2014-10-06, 16:56   Link #80
novalysis

Episode 12 was a stirring and impressive counterpoint to Episode 11. I think both episodes really, really cemented and built Aoi as a character, very strongly. It's major and well executed character development. And I marathoned that series from Episode 9-12.

I really loved that point where she went up the hill that started her journey, and realized how much easier it was - you could feel the tide of the previous three episodes suddenly reversing right at that point .Aoi hit her nadir when she was simply lying around at home and feeling something was missing in the scene just before that. That climb began her bounce back up, and I greatly look forward to it.

This were two very good episode - it's just a shame it was not granted the 20 minutes treatment.

How big is Yama no Sume in Japan by the way? I wonder whether we'd be having a third season - Kaede in the Japanese Alps certainly seems to be sequel hook, as Aoi and company tackle mountains that are potentially more challenging than Mount Fuji. I wouldn't be surprise if one of the mountains in the Japanese Alps that Kaede explored off screen this episode, would be used in the third season, with Kaede as a guide.

And here's to an enjoyable summer for Aoi and Hinata - I imagine they'd be exploring the hills near their town, and then the hills that lie just behind their local hills everyday. I wouldn't be surprised if they even try for an overnight camping in the hills a few dozen kilometers near their town, although I am not sure how comfortable Aoi's parents would be of that idea.

On another note, the Mount Fuji Arc made me regard Kokona as the best girl of the series - she has a fascinating personality behind that soft looking exterior. But the girl I am most impressed with is Kaede. She's a true leader, a worthy unofficial captain of their mountain climbing group. She was an amazing bro to Hinata during the Mount Fuji arc.

10/10 for the Mount Fuji arc.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote