View Single Post
Old 2014-11-08, 20:21   Link #421
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And Alistair, despite being the senior Warden after Duncan's death, didn't want the responsibility which is why he deferred to the Warden.

I'm also not quite sure if the Inquisitor starts out as a normal soldier, who gets upgraded to that position once his ability to close the holes in the Fade is revealed, or if he began as the Inquisitor and the gaining of those abilities gave more power to the Inquisition. But I think the former is much more likely.

Whatever the case, I think the likely reason for people flocking towards him and standing by his orders are because he's been appointed the head of the Inquisition and his abilities could be construed as a a sign of sorts from the Maker. Welll... to those who actually believe that .
What if... the player character is a non-human? An elf/qunari being given such a powerful military and spiritual position is just kind of hard to accept.

"I know we have been looking down on your race all these time, but since you got this glowing green thing in your hand, I am just gonna give you control over my forces so have fun"

In DA:O you start off as sort of the "captain" of the grey wardens. Much of the authority you hold comes from the grey warden organization, not just because you are the "Inquisitor", which is still something very new to the world.

DA2:
Replaying DA2 atm... (actually I should replay DA:O). Looking back, I think I have been rather harsh on the story of the game. The start is... arguably all right. You act as a free man walking around town solving people's problems. To a certain degree, that does help sketch the world.

Seem like they made nightmare mode a little easier. At the very least, haste+hex is now strong enough to take down a commander type mob with ease.

I am glad they are taking sustains away... they can be quite powerful (ie: shroud of magic giving +40% resist all, +60% resist all if you invest some points: at least it allow your mages to cast AoE spells over your warriors)... stacking sustains can turn your character into some very high dps autoattack machine...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote