View Single Post
Old 2006-04-19, 01:27   Link #20
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianocello
You also have a clever way of avoidng the main issues which I am trying raise. You have not been able to point out exactly where in the forum rules that I am violating and not only that, you suddenly invent a new rule that the thread is locked because it is only two lines long.
That's your main issue? Aside from the fact that I am required to use my own judgement and experience at figuring out what is good for this forum and I have a personal dislike of badly created threads... how about 2.2 Do not begin topics that lack purpose. That basically allows me to kill any thread that I don't feel is meaningful. And yes, I have a LOT of leeway as to how I want to enforce it. We purposefully built that leeway into the rules because we know that personal judgement is more flexible and useful than writing every possible case into stone. We choose our moderators carefully to be certain that their judgement is in line with the priciples of this forum. Sometimes mistakes are made because we are human, but I don't think that this time I made a mistake. Certainly your behaviour since then doesn't change my opinion.

Now, I hope that you will simply get over the fact that I didn't like your thread. If you feel that our moderation is oppressive and unfair, then there are a lot of other forums where I am certain you will be able to post about the "hotness" of characters in Monster. Please post about it there.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.