View Single Post
Old 2014-12-24, 22:20   Link #492
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I felt I should reply to the Santa Magica heroes/readers at least one more time.

First, though, big thanks to Konakaga and Kogetsu Shirogane. Konakaga for help with BGM music choices, which gave me a new appreciation for Horizon's OST. Kogetsu Shirogane for some glorious photoshops that I truly love. And to both Konakaga and Kogetsu Shirogane for proofreading. Team America would not have existed without you, and that would have been a crying shame... in America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So I guess that muslim joke didn't make it in. Well I guess it wouldn't have worked anyway considering my character was mostly in the background but oh well.
Sorry about that. I underestimated how time-consuming and page-consuming the action scenes would be, so after Chapter 3 or 4, I had to cut back a fair bit on "shooting the breeze" style dialogue. Also, I had originally intended to use Aldnoah.Zero's Saazbaum (and maybe other AZ martians) as a surprise villain in the last bit of Chapter 9 and Chapter 10, but I just didn't think I could squeeze him in, in a way that would do him justice, and the downside to that was that it took away some of the focus I was planning for you vs. Saazbaum.

Still, the Silver Segway was definitely one of the highlights of the fanfic, and I doubt I'd have come up with that idea if not for your sig. So thanks a lot for that.

Quote:
Funniest moment of the chapter was Tatsuya's weakness. I loled hard at that.
Thanks! That was the funniest moment of Chapter 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post

That ending for Jinnai. Now you make me want to watch El Hazard. Stop it.
I took some creative liberties with Jinnai's personal backstory, but much of what I wrote definitely applies to the actual anime character (i.e. consumed with jealousy towards the male lead Makoto Mizuhara, and went over the deep end because of it).

El Hazard is a fantastic mid-90s sci-fi/fantasy fusion that I really wish modern anime fantasy shows would learn from. I highly recommend it, and not just because Jinnai is a fantastically fun villain, though that is the main reason why.

Quote:
Moefox's Epic Yarn! Out now for Nintendo 3DS.
That would be a great game, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
[*]I got the best line this chapter, woot :3.
I'm glad you approve.

Quote:
Kirito and Tatsuya's fight was quite good, rest of action was good, but it felt best to me besides final not-battle.
Out of everything in Chapter 10, Kirito vs. Tatsuya is what I put the most thought and effort into. I definitely didn't want the All-Gary Stu fight to disappoint. So I'm really glad you found it quite good.

Quote:
I liked Me and Hooves' moment even if short
If a Swan Song goes on to long it might become an actual swan song, and I didn't want that!

Quote:
A good fitting ending for a Christmas story ^^.
I thought so to. Especially since this fanfic was pretty action-heavy as it was, lol.

Quote:
Nagisa got extremely limited role, then again she doesn't have enough personality yet to write more for, I suppose.
I found her decently likeable in Rebellion, but her personality doesn't feel that distinct to me. Her personality feels like a... cutsier version of Madoka's, maybe? So admittedly I struggled a bit to write her aside from a few comedy bits in the first few chapters.

Quote:
Well besides maybe Madoka's final presidential quote .
I might write a Magical Girl USA Kaname Madoka fanfic in the future. Writing her was a lot of fun.

Quote:
Overall was a pretty fun and enjoyable read with fairly good/decent action, great humor both normal and meta , and ultimately fit the Christmas spirit well. I am glad I agreed to help proofread/be in it/etc, since honestly I was little bit hesitate at first when asked about it, but now don't regret being a part of it.
That's very good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I have the feeling this went over the head of a lot of the non-Canadian readers.
I hope one day non-Canadian readers will learn that it wasn't Ronald Reagan that took down the USSR. It was Paul Henderson.

Quote:
This was one of my favourite bits. It's too easy to forget that Nagisa and Charlotte are technically the same character.
Right. And Nagisa deserved to get at least one attack in before the fanfic was finished.

Quote:
And congrats on getting this written in time!
Thanks! I won't lie - it was a challenge. And one inspired by Girlfriend (Beta) Episode 7. I had struggled with fanfic writing as of late, and Girlfriend (Beta) gave me the idea of "You know, if I had a deadline, maybe I'd have the motivation to finish a new fanfic for a change". A Christmas fanfic has an obvious deadline of December 25th, so there you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post

Unlimited Irregular Works

Victory Showered in Gold

A Start;Dash Carol

Wake Up Christmas
Awesome section names.

Quote:
I'm happy with the way things turned out, but how come Kirito never got a date with ClariS or Alice? I mean, have you been paying attention to where I'm right now? I'm spending the holidays with Clara and Alice. "Sighs" Oh well. There's always next year or next time, right? Right?! I kiss from Mami would've been great, too. But oh well... "sighs"
Maybe you'll get that in a Santa Magica OVA.

One last gift to Santa Magica readers, especially Konakaga...

And that's all folks!

And to all, a good night.