View Single Post
Old 2014-12-29, 01:15   Link #29
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He's a perfectly fine choice for a Caster. He's incredibly proficient in Rune Magic. In fact, he's so proficient that he uses it even as a Lancer. They don't showcase it often, but his magic capabilities are probably quite a bit better than Gilles de Rais.
Gilles de Rais was actually one of the weaker magi to be named Caster in the various incarnations of the Holy Grail War. He just had a massively OP Noble Phantasm that covered his shortcomings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Some people on BL believes Shielder to be Galahad. No confirmation though.
I have my doubts about that. TM have been pretty good about keeping the various versions of the Heroic Spirits consistent in their "final" works (Fate/Prototype being the exception, as it is based on "prototypical" plans for F/SN), and Galahad already appears--as a man--in Fate/Extra. Jeanne d'Arc (Fate/Apocrypha) has a particular character design. "King Arthur" was in fact Arturia Pendragon, and has a particular (if strangely common) character design. Emiya is the future version of (one or another) Shirou Emiya, and has a particular character design. All three of these are present in these very promos, and appear just as we'd expect. A Heroic Spirit's chosen Servant class is fluid, as it is already stated that some Heroic Spirits can be summoned as more than one class, but the natures of the Spirits themselves have been much less mutable.

Not saying it can't happen, certainly, as fond as TM are of alternate universes, but I'd look to Shielder being one of the other Knights of the Round Table before suggesting Galahad. And frankly I don't even know if I'd even have her be related to Arturia at all. Given the clear differences in their designs, they may not even be from the same culture or time period...

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-12-29 at 01:52.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote