View Single Post
Old 2014-12-30, 11:24   Link #150
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Pardon me...

It is clearly stated when they are eating on the park that Rin wants to make Shirou to feel better. After all what happened to him recently and she finding out that he has no personal enjoyment, she wants him to have some "fun" and back to "normal". That's all the purpose behind the "date". And she ultimately fails because of Shirou's personality.

Mitsuzuri told Shirou earlier that he never really smiled. He don't have any fun in normal life. But did we see that? No. But we have a chance to see that very clearly here. You are supposed to feel that the "date" is not normal, because Shirou is not normal.

Also, this shows that they are still teenagers that have their own lives, not people who pursuing the Grail. They are still going to school, doing normal stuffs. Remember that mages avoid fighting in public, so I don't see any problem with them doing normal things during the day, when normally nothing happens. They are not soldiers, they need to catch a damn break. You guys have no problem with Shirou going to school, to the store during the day, why bashing a little date on valentine's day like it's not part of normal life? I fail to understand.

Call it fanservice if you may,but the date has a meaning behind it. If you fail to gasp, it's your problem.

Btw, good job on changing the topic, Thess. People calling Shirou stupid really makes me tired already.
You got a good point. When it was mentioned that Shirou wasn't smiling or enjoying himself ( at that point in the VN), I had a disturbed feeling for some reason. Now that you've mentioned it, (it may be small thing to others), but had there ever been a scene where Shirou cry or laugh?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote