View Single Post
Old 2015-03-19, 04:58   Link #36
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

To me, Fate/Zero can simply be described as "a battle between adults" compared to Fate/stay night which focused more on the ideals of Shirou Emiya. Unlike the Masters of the F/SN Grail War, the Masters in Zero are ruthless, seeing only death towards each other as competitors as the viable method. Ironically, wanting to take away bloodshed was the reason that motivated Kiritsugu throughout his career as a Master, and we all saw how bad he screwed up.

I am personally not a fan of Gen Urobuchi's works because it sways too hard in favor of despair. This might also be the last time I'd pick up any media from the Fate franchise. The world itself where battles between heroic figures of history seems interesting, but the inner workings of each Grail War doesn't seem up my alley. Perhaps, I might pick up Prisma Illya and Carnival Phantasm, but that's still up in the air.

In a nutshell, Fate/Zero's great, but maybe I'm not that interested in anything Fate after all.

ENTRIES #233 and #234 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote