View Single Post
Old 2015-03-19, 14:13   Link #34957
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Like I said – I don’t believe that this is what the story truely is about just because:
-you cant explain what true magic is
-you cant explain what battler means when he says “I completely understand magic now and I believe I can take you out of here”
-you cant explain what happened in prime
-you cant explain why Ange in the real world sees the same delusions that are only contained in a book that Touya/Ikuko write
-you have to explain a whole lot with “lie” “lie” “lie”
-your characterizations and concepts don’t make any sense (for example you have to say: "battler now FINALLY has learned how to trick anyone"... if that wasn’t really a meaningful end to his story…)
-your story has no message and follows no progression (mine is battler from not-understanding-magic-at-all to create-a-whole-world, battler-saves-beato-with-magic)
Except none of this is true and you very easily can. If you're going to say Ryukishi managed to "convince" these people, it means that this is the logical intention made to take away from the novel.

People insisting Ryukishi is deliberately tricking the reader and they found the TRUE TRUTH HE SECRETLY MEANT are uh...kind of engaging in Death of the Author.

Which is antithetical to the themes of Umineko as established in episode 5 most obviously.