Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2015-03-29, 18:41   Link #5347
Bladezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
That's the point I want to talk about it.
Kiyosumi had to overcome Ryuumonbuchi and Kazekoshi to get a ticket to the national tournament while Achiga only face a lower level team.
The same thing happened in the national tournament. Kiyosumi vs Himematsu, Eisui and Miyamori whereas Achiga has only a high-level rival is Senriyama.
Then every Achiga players seem doesn't match with Nagano's player: Kana, Mihoko, Momo,... especially they're far from Senriyama until the quarter. And one day, only one day they're getting stronger so that they can beat Shiraitodai. That's unbelievable!
And about Kiyosumi is at 1st place every time before. They come to the national with good preparation: Yuuki can still win though the flow is interrupted, Mako's stronger thanks to many match, Hisa bad waits, and of course Saki too, possibly we can count Nodoka cause she practice to awake Nodochi mode very soon (though she didn't help so much). So they deserve it. They didn't get stronger in one day like Achiga.
I think something you need to except is that Achiga have always been stronger then Senriyama, and before you get annoyed I'd like to remind you all of something, because of the current tournament rules, meaning the red dora, her hand becomes ridiculously easy to read, remove the red dora, and Kuro would probably be regarded as a monster player herself.
Also as team Senriyama are effectively trash with Sera as their only saving grace. When you factor in Toki's over zealousness, Izumi's cockiness and overconfidence and Ryuuka clearly being unable to take on monster players without an ability. Even with Hiroko's analysis, which just to remind you all is nearly all that good (remember she only looks at the records, not the recordings), which makes her average at best and Sera's playstyle of winning big doesn't really do well against Achiga who actually cover each others weakspots, Kuro with her dora would be able to cover Ako's playstyle of going for cheap and fast hands, Yuu's ability allows for Kuro to screw up with her able to make the recovery, Shizu having the confidence to not give up when faced with a monster, remember when she lost Koromo, she just asked for another game, not to start moping.

Except it should be clear that Achiga weren't able to pull out their full strength because of Toki being able to read Kuro so easily, and Kuro's only easy to read because of the red dora, remove them and you might find Kuro is able to surpass Toki's predictions.
Although do try to remember that day was spent training with the 2nd strongest high schooler in Japan. Also can we really say that Achiga's victory can be completely attributed to them, you all to remember that ins captain's round Ryuuka got a autowin button out nowhere right, who knows how things would go if we remove that, then we might have actually seen a Shiraitodai in 1st, Achiga in 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
I can accept that Kiyosumi might in the 2nd place this time but only when Achiga didn't beat Shiraitodai. The idea of Achiga's power is failed for me.
Also can we really say that Achiga's victory can be completely attributed to them, you all to remember that ins captain's round Ryuuka got a autowin button out nowhere right, who knows how things would go if we remove that, then we might have actually seen a Shiraitodai in 1st, Achiga in 2nd.

Also with regards to Shizu's powers hers as to be the most asinine and annoying to setup, fist she's needs people to have abilities, then she has to adapt to their ability, which depending on the player she may never able to negate because of the players history, as shown with Himeko's ability. So an honest question I have is Shizu going to be able to negate Saki's ability when we factor in, that Saki's rinshan kaihou is what she feels is what connects her to her sister. So unless Shizu views her deep mountain control as a strong connection to Kuro and Ako, how is she going to stop Saki's rinshan Kaihou?
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote