View Single Post
Old 2015-06-25, 12:01   Link #68
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Even if that were true it wouldn't change that it's still wrong.
It's not wrong if the community of creators of such works define their creations as such....at the very least it's simply not 100% accurate but it wouldn't be wrong

Well...if you keep insisting that deluded characters or pretentiousness are part of the defining trait, then would you care to list examples.....Because I cannot think of any deluded characters living in their own worlds in any of the chuu2 works I follow (works which the creators themselves define as such)

Over-the-top modern fantasy may be more apt than "delusion." Stuff that one would fantasize about and the like.....usually young adult and middle-high school fantasy. Whether the work is pretentious or not depends on the individual writer, not the genre as a whole.

Which is thus why Shana is borderline (NOTE BORDERLINE) chuu2. The whole setting, its gloominess, its system and the whole fight to change it plot is quite high-school fantasy like. On top of the writer himself stating it is rather chuu2. Yet it doesn't strike me as pretentious.

So yeah....examples? What do you claim is chuu2 work?

Quote:
Is having a super ability trait a chuuni characteristic

It usually is....

And what examples of so-called "wishful thinking" titles would you list? Or we could brand a whole host of harem shows chuu2....which is obviously completely off the mark.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2015-06-25 at 12:26.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote