Thread: Licensed Dragon Ball Super
View Single Post
Old 2015-07-10, 13:41   Link #87
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou0wnZ View Post
I really enjoy these slice-of-life episodes. DB I feel is a series too focused on battles that they forget to give some depth to the main dudes that are blasting each other out. Seeing them interact this way is really refreshing.

There's also the fact that Dragon Ball Z lost a lot of charm once it transitioned from DB Goku-kid version, losting itself on shonen cliched tropes.
But the anime version always had this kind of episodes, and the series never ran away from natural character development (even Goku, although many people ignore his'). You gotta remember that Dragon Ball made famous/came up with many of those shonen cliches that are so overused now thanks to Bleach, Fairy Tail and co. It was truly a revolutionary action manga at its time.

Anyway, i liked the first episode. Character interaction is one thing that always made Dragon Ball stand out, as its cast is so rich and diverse.
The opening is cool, and the ending gave me nostalgic feels. It just feels so good to meet these characters again, like reuniting with old friends. I just hope the series is ambitious enough to go beyond that, which i believe is the case based on Toriyama's description of the future plot developments.
It looked fairly better than the average Toei show too, even though the main staff wasn't even used, and the 2nd one looks better judging by the preview. I'm looking forward to get some Bulma and Vegeta fix.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote