View Single Post
Old 2015-08-07, 10:01   Link #945
LazyHunter

So Debi posted the review of NT13. I'm using Google Translate to check it out and it looks like Time theory on Index's world was already touched before on the PSP fighting game. I guess it makes sense since that game had time travelers. I'll post the explanation here:

Time is described as "a single string and a myriad of pins". The string is the stacked history until the present. The pins are the multiple choices/possible futures. Time flow can be represented by taking the string and hooking it to a pin. Then to another pin. Then to a third, etc... Something like this:
Spoiler for Time Flow:
Parallel timelines/worlds like the ones in Steins Gate or Suzumiya Haruhi can't exist in Index since there's only a single string/timeline. What Othinus did in NT9 and Magic Gods can do were not parallel worlds. For example, a Magic God is changes the current World "A" into the World "B". After a while he/she gets tired of "B" and makes the next World, World "C". These are all different Worlds, but they exist sequentially, not concurrently.

There also seems to be a "Touma's right hand = Hadit" theory in there for anyone interested in that kind of speculation.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote