View Single Post
Old 2015-08-07, 11:02   Link #188
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'm actually wondering why some people (not you) have an expectation problem with Youko's father VA? It sounds like it's the legendary Rikiya Koyama. He voices so many badass and legendary characters too many to count. He is one of the best there is in the industry.
that is because we know how he looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
It wasnt like what he expected(though other ones think the same), it happens in a lot of animes for original source fans if you didnt know.
The problem isn't what I expected but what people would expect in general when seeing the cahracter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
And what, exactly, should this one sound like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I got that. They've been saying that about all the voices in this series, and some have declared it ruined 4EVER the instant they heard Youko speak. I just figured I might as well give them a chance to elaborate on why this case is so horrible in their eyes.
Well I wasn't one off the peope who said Youko's voice ruined it, but I do indeed think its not fitting.
As for what her father should sound like... Well not like someone in their early thirties (although its age wise not too far from the truth).
Looks and voice pitch are just a really bad fit here. - Similar to Youko's case but not as bad.

The voice itself isn't that bad - it should be deeper though and sounds too young.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2015-08-07 at 11:33.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote