Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Gakkou Gurashi
View Single Post
Old 2015-08-09, 19:54   Link #544
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post

You know, as you said, we couldn't judge something like this from our own comfort home. And in an apocalypse situation like this, you never know what would happened to you. Hence, I would ask you this question.

What if you're not as the one who decide to abandon Yuki, but instead you're in the Yuki's position itself. You're driven crazy by the situation. You escape to your happy delusional world to prevent yourself from breaking. And the last thread of hope that keep you in check and care about you is your only two friends.

Now, imagine that your two friend decided to abandon you because of your delusional action which could endanger the group. The last ray of hope for you to ever accept reality is now gone. You're now alone. How do you feel? Do you wanna be abandoned? What you hope your friend to do instead of abandoning you?
That's easy. Much easier than the other way round, actually: I would applaud them. I'm not so selfish as to expect that I can just escape reality and expect others to take care of me at the expense of their safety and potentially their survival. That's ridiculous. If I had any say in it, I'd never allow it.

I would thus hope they would make the decision to abandon me if it became necessary. If I could, I would have made that clear in advance. I might ask to be put down, if it came to this, though, rather than joining the zombie hordes. I don't want or expect my friends or loved ones to die for me.
And I certainly wouldn't expect to sit around thinking things like 'don't worry, Faerie, everyone is here to protect you'. If I care about those people at all, I don't want them to have to put themselves at risk because I can't get my act together. Sure, my crazy self might be too far gone to realize these things and want to be protected and babied, but that's too bad for her. She's not me. My lucid self is whose choices and thoughts matter, and wouldn't want to be my friend's cause of death.

Now... for the flip side: I get that in this scenario, Yuuki is the 'happiness' of the group and someone to distract them from their crappy reality and she's a sweet girl etc... And in a sense, she is contributing- when she isn't a danger to herself and everyone.
As such, obviously, I too would wish to keep her alive if at all possible: she's another survivor, a weak girl who needs protection, and in a sense her weakness is a welcome distraction. She's just an innocent- of course I don't want her to die. Nor do I want to make any hard decisions like that if it can be avoided. If it's an option you want to save as many people as possible, naturally. But if it became necessary, I'd hope that I would chose to leave her behind and I probably wouldn't beat myself up about it too much nor would I ever blame anyone else if they made that decision.