View Single Post
Old 2015-09-13, 08:15   Link #35401
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUser View Post
I thought that in EP3 the culprit was Sayo and not Eva, maybe I'm mistaken, but I managed to solve every chapter using Sayo as the culprit, so I don't think that EP3 was written by someone who belived Eva to be the culprit.
In the EP8 manga it is revealed that it is that way.
Spoiler:

EP3 as a complete concept is more complicated than that though, and in a way you are right that it is possible to see Sayo as the culprit of all these murders, since they were all murders that she planned and described in her drafts, and were apparently also mentioned in CotGW. And of course it is true that one of the murders can only be committed by Sayo.

Quote:
By the way, I'm also trying to solve every chapter using Kyrie and Rudolf as culprits, I managed to do that with EP1, but that means that I'm reading the mysteries without love?
Well, basically their not meant to be solved that way, since EP1 and 2 were written pre-incident and EP3, 4 and 5 were written before their author was aware of the full truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolf Ushiromiya View Post
Fair enough, and thanks for the explanation. Would you say that it's neccicary to read the manga, or would recommend it even after reading the VN?
I would say it is necessary to read the manga to get a complete idea of what Ryukishi actually wanted to write. Especially since the VN version of EP8 is a horrible mess of (mostly) directing and editing mistakes. The biggest flaw of the EP8 VN is that it made me (and several other readers) hate Ange, which is the opposite of what you are supposed to do.
The EP8 manga rectifies a lot of these mistakes, so (even though you miss out on a few really awesome OST tracks), listen to them some other way and read the manga, is my recommendation.

Quote:
And a bit off my original topic but what is your opinion on Rosa, she was an awesomely complicated character who can be argued as good or bad. People argue that she doesn't love Maria but after episode 2 I'm very sure that that isn't the case.
Like her siblings she is a horrible person, but I hold her a little less responsible, because she was the youngest and got the most abuse out of the 4. Like shown in the EP8 manga, a lot of her horrible deeds towards Maria were a subconscious repetition of what her siblings did to her.
It is clear that she does love Maria dearly, or she wouldn't try to cling to her so much. The problem is, she was never taught to properly give and receive love. Also her different encounters with loss broke her to a degree where I just have to feel pity for her.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote