View Single Post
Old 2006-05-20, 01:46   Link #318
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I know a bit about Mahjong. I don't know the exact translations, but there are certain things you say to convey an action you are taking in the game. For example Tsumo is used to signify that you are ending the current game and have achieved the required set of tiles, which is usually 4 sets of 3 runs/combinations and 1 header (Two of the same tile). Usually you "Reach" when you are one tile away from achieving the required set of tiles, basically it gets you extra points because you a taking a risk by revealing you are about to win. "Ron" is used in lieu of Tsumo when you achieve the required set by using another persons discarded tile. Pon if I recall and this one is really sketchy in my memory, is a set of 3 of the same tiles where a Kon is four of the same tile, and a Chi being a run of the same suit of tiles. A combo of two, at least one of which is required to declare Tsumo is referred to as the eyes since there are two of them. The "Kaze/Wind" is chosen at the beginning of the current game and by using the right Kaze in your required set you can get extra points. Is there anything else that needs clarification?