View Single Post
Old 2015-10-08, 23:00   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I will say out of the combat school shows (of which there are surprisingly many) this was pretty good. The cast is pretty solid and they certainly made things feel weightier. I mean you did have Ohtori actually trying to kill criminals at the end which was a great deal more serious since they aren't important characters so....it was possible she might do it.

I do think a bit slower pace might have been nice for building up the world, but you do get the idea. Magic and such exists so people are trained to handle that kind of thing.

Quite the unstable unit though. You have Ohtori who could go on a murder spree at any given time if she isn't on a short leash and a captain who might actually murder people himself if his sword is insulted too much...Forget the underdog status they have, they are a disaster waiting to happen.

Regardless things are bound to get more serious as they go. And that's considering the utter mess and murder they found near the end of this episode. Things just feel heavier because people are actually dying. They may be people we don't know, but death is still happening out there.