View Single Post
Old 2015-11-10, 11:14   Link #2598
Liddo-kun
a small cat

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Otaku Expo 2015 (day 2)

Otaku Expo 2015 is a convention held last August 8 and 9. Held at Megatrade Hall 1 of SM Megamall. We attended the second day. Ohayou everyone. Sorry, done it again. Another super delayed writeup. I need to improve on being early. desu >.<

Our purpose for going to this convention is to get props. Well, of course, taking pics while we are at the convention is something that is fun to do. ^^

Without any further delay, here are the pics:

First cosplayer that we met is Rika Hikari. Cosplaying as Rena Ryugu from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni anime. Hmm, it's been a long time since I've seen a a higu cosplayer. I guess there's still some people who follow the anime.

. . .

Maid coplay by Mae, and Asuna cosplay by Jen. They are my companions on going to this convention. The others? Well, they're busy with some things - so only three of us today. :3

Bought tickets:

Can now get inside the megatrade hall

Time: approximately 1 pm in the afternoon
Place: inside Megatrade Hall 1

First photo inisde is a cute Misa Amane Cosplay by Marichan.

. .

Let's explore a little bit at the stores inside. There are plenty of anime stuffs to see. ^^

Sorry, the photos are a bit blurred. It's not easy to shoot when it's crowded. i asked, but unfortunately.. the Kancolle banner is not sale. desu >,<

. . . .

Chibi Ayu cosplaying as Louise from Zero no Tsukaima

. . .

Next cosplayer that we met is Koneko (Kat). She's cosplaying as Krul Tepes from Owari no Seraph. Have not yet watched this anime.. maybe it's good. Many people in the cosplay community here like to cosplay characters from it.

. .

Hmm, have now reached the end of the megatrade hall. Turn around to move go back, and also look at some of the shops that we haven't looked at yet. There's still a bit of time before going home. ^^

Time: approximately 3 in the afternoon
Place: inside Megatrade hall 1

Surprised and happy to see two of my long time friends at this convention. Cristel cosplaying as Chiester 45 (Siesta 45), and her sister Grace. The cosplay by Grace is an anime that is unfamiliar to me. Will edit this part later. if anyone here knows, you can tell me. Thanks. :3

. .

. .

Ok, time to move on. Saw some nice boots.. hmm, these would be good for Kurumi spirit form I guess.

Walking a bit more, we reach the other end of the hall. Well, it's just one megatrade hall open, so the other end can be reached rather quickly.

Met some meido cosplayers. One of them is Angel, she's cosplaying as the maid version of Kashiwazaki Sena. The other two cosplayers are Shieshie and Nice.

Now back at the booth area. Saw some Pusheen the cat items. We bought some of them. ^^

Paula cosplaying as Sea Witch Wadanohara. From the RPG game, Wadanohara of the Great Blue Sea. Hmm, first time I've seen this character in conventions.

. .

A costrip by Edra Warasiwa. Kawaii with those ears. ^^

Anyway, time to go out now and explore outside the hall.

Time: almost 4 pm in the afternoon
Place: outside Megatrade Hall 1

Mirai Kuriyama cosplay by Jessie Kyle, and a Karuta Roromiya cosplay by Princess

Chelor cosplaying as Ririchiyo. She's actually a companion of Jessie and Princess, but was not able to take pic of the three of them, because I was talking with someone when the three of them are posing together for photographers. Oh well, there's always next time. :3

Received text message.. our props maker is here. We went back to the ticket booth area.

Master Shocross with the Kurumi Tokisaki guns that we ordered. He's a reliable crafstman, and specializes at making armor kind of cosplay costume (even made armor for his pet cat xD).

And also near the ticket booth area - we saw a Nisekoi group cosplay.

Daisy as Chitoge, Joschelle as Onodera, Lourdes as Ruri. Oh, the name of the Marika cosplayer is not in my notebook, will ask her once I contact them. This part might get edited.

Sadly, it's now almost time to go home.

But before that, we saw another friend. Yuki Matsumoto, she's also a cosplayer. But she did not cosplay for this con.

Our companion Jen went to meet someone. So I was standing with Mae Jel, waiting for Jen to come back.

A few more pics before going home!

Pao cosplaying as Junko Enoshima from Danganronpa

. .

And surprised that someone was calling my name.. hmm, then I saw that it's Krisha and Avegail. They are nice people that I've met on other conventions.

Krisha cosplaying as Tazusa from Giban Kaleidoscope (it's a nice anime ^^). And Avegail cosplaying as a character from Shuffle. **

. . .

Well, seeing friends is a nice way to end a convention. This has been a good day. Goodbye Otaku Expo 2015. Will come back next year. ^^

Pics from friends:

They also attended the convention, but we did not encounter each other.

DISCLAIMER: these photos were not shot by me. Credits goes to their respective photographers.

Elizabeth from the anime Seven Deadly Sins. Cosplay by Christine Joy Mckeehan

Patricia cosplaying as Maki Nishikino from Love Live School Idol Project

. .

Photos taken after getting home:

Some simple souvenirs.. pins, pusheen and our tickets.

Graham balls. They taste good.

And lastly, some anime themed mugs that I bought. Kurumi, Chitoge and Umaru-chan. ^^

. . .

That's all. Thank you for reading. Next convention writeup will be about BOA 2015. ",)

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2015-11-13 at 08:44.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote