Thread: Crunchyroll Sangatsu no Lion [anticipation]
View Single Post
Old 2016-01-08, 13:06   Link #99
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Or maybe she's perfectly aware that any adaptation of her work is not likely to follow the "Monogatari" style but will nevertheless have a look and feel that she appreciates. Maybe she's actually seen the shows she lists as having liked, and knows how the adaptations compare to their source materials. Maybe she's honestly excited and curious to see how Shaft will handle her work.

Really, if she wasn't honestly OK with this she could've just said something noncommittal like "Their style is very different from my own so I look forward to see the results" or "It will be different from my work but I hope everyone will enjoy it" or something along those lines. Or she could've declined to comment at all. There was no reason for her to go out of her way to endorse Shaft and Shinbou like that. I don't think it's very reasonable to speculate that she's lying through her teeth and in reality she's crying herself to sleep every night over the expected butchery of her manga.

(And anyway, authors, even authors who create great works, can have horrible taste and/or misguided expectations.)

Seriously? Can't think of anyone else that would profit from it? This is on their official website by the way.

So you're telling me that she genuinely worships Shaft, that this is a dream come true and she would've refused any other studio? I think that requires far more explanation than a manufactured PR statement.

Last edited by Haak; 2016-01-08 at 13:17.